Sunday, June 04, 2006

You are 70 today


Where ever you are
know that
I always think of you
on your birthday
You are
half of me.
and as much as
I hate you
as much
I love you.
I remember
the good old days
I especially remember
the visits to the
nightmarket and
eating jagung
I also remember
the Thirunakkara festival
where you carried
me on your shoulder.
I remember the day
you left.
the day you
came back.
I remember
all the things
you brought.
and my
inheritance
you took
away
just so you
could spite
Amma.
The day you
sold the house
where all
my memories roam.
But you are
my FATHER
always will be
No matter what.
There is never
a question
if I forgive you.
Happy 70 thbirthday
my darling
Appa.

2 comments:

geeth said...

So sweet..
Whatever it is, he is still your father.. you prove your love by forgiving him.

starry said...

cannot seperate yourself from your father.you are part of him.