Thursday, January 18, 2007

The bridge that divide

Last night my daughter asked me How old is her grand mother?

My mother will be 71 in a couple of weeks time.

Each day that goes by, I know I have one less day with my mother. I know she is right now only a phone call away. But I just can't do it. I so very badly want to see my mother, hear her voice, lay down on her lap..but I also know the euphoria would last maximum 30 minutes, then there will only be complaints, accusations, finding faults, screamings, yellings and more screamings.
So often my mother spoke that she should have never given birth to me.. How right she is.. for I am so incapable of forgiving her!
If only life came with a duster to erase the bad memories

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you told the stories to your children?

Anonymous said...

oh bless you! One or 2 bad memories can fade away. But you have too many to go away I guess.

Anonymous said...

Something unrelated to the post...but just noticed that the picture against ur name has changed...Is it a drawing by one of ur kids?

Sarah said...

Anon: Nah, I haven't. i may have problems with my mother. but that doesn't mean that my chidren should have problems with their grandmother, so I haven't told her anything ..
However my oldest daughter still remembers her aunties calling her mother a Witch( actually it was Bitch..but I told my daughter it was witch) and her Ammachi calling me stupid

Anon: Yep..too many

Anon: Yes it is.. my daughter drew that on her pc and send to me.. It was her first computer project

Alex said...

Well, if one has been so hurt, then it is extremely difficult to forgive. To ask someone to forgive another is easy. But...i don't know...

Hope you can. I pray you can soon.