Friday, September 15, 2006

Karin's tag

Karin of I love Munich Tagged me. Thanks Karin. Enjoyed doing the tag

1) Was there any incident in your life which you feel, influenced you in particular?
Every incident in my life has influenced me.. death of someone I loved the most, must have been the biggest.. I learned, there is no tomorrow.. There is only now, this moment..that I have

2) What are you afraid of? Please name at least ONE example!

Failure. I am afraid of failure.. I feel, If I failed, then I didn't try hard enough.. I guess I survived each and every storm because I was afraid to fail

3) Is there any nature-event, you particularly like (i.e. thunderstorm, rain, snow ect.)?

Rain.. not the ordinary rain you get here in Vancouver.. The real one, the monson rain that you find in Kerala, where you sit inside the house, close all the windows and can still feel the power of the rain, when you here the pat pat pat sound of the water hitting on the window panes and the tiled roof. I also like walking in the rain..

4) What kind of sport (if any) are you fond of or even actively pursue?

Sports!!!.. I am a master of all sports.. I watch them on the telly.. As far as participating in any...nope, I refused to cultivate muscles.. I like the flabby me..

5) Do you easily get nervous or upset? "Blow up"?

Never. I was known as ' ice maiden' when I was studying in the medical college. I can get angry( especially when I have PMS), but never nervous or upset. Nobody owes me anything, so I don't get upset with people


6) Do you dread getting older?
Not at all.. I intend to enjoy my old age. I had this poem before I had kids. As a precautionary note, I have had it printed and stuck on the wall.. So my kids are aware!

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple.
By Jenny Joseph.

When I am an old woman,
I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Feel the biological clock ticking?
That is always ticking there.. somedays I think, I should have another child.. then I console myslef, I am allowed to have a little bit of madness once in a while..

7) Are you more a city-person or prefere the country-side?

I would be happy if I can be in a remote place, away from all human beings. I have always been a loner and I prefer to live alone..I dream of going to Alaska and live there.. but the reality is, I don't like to eat cariboo or sea lions!

8) Do you allow any kind of fashion to rule over your taste?
I still wear the same clothes for the last 12 years.
Normally I wear formal suits to work, jeans when I am off, and shorts at home. I do like the colour black and most of my clothes are black colour!

9) Are you more on the introverted or extroverted side?

Neither. If I want to speak to someone, I do, if I don't want to, I won't, so it depends entirely on my needs. The same with doing things. If I want to do something, I will do, otherwise no. I think I am strong willed

10) If you'd have to characterize yourself with one sentence - what would you say?
I am me, I can only be me

The tag is open to anyone who wants to do it..

4 comments:

Karin said...

FANTASTIC answers - I really love them!! Thanks so much dear - you did a GREAT job!! I so much appreciate your honesty and openness - it is refreshing and simply great! Thanks a million for having been such a good sport ...
(I am really nosey and maybe audacious but the question how old you are, doesn't want to leave me ... )

Scoot said...

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple........Hahah I love that.
Sarah,what does it really feel like to have children.I am asking you because only you will tell me the truth and so beautifully.
I love children but only for a while.I like touching and cuddling them but once they start screaming,I go mad.
I wish I had them but am not sure if I want to,right now.ANd I don't want to regret when I become old that I didn't have any of my own

Scoot said...

ps- i love reading your tags :)
it's like going through reality

Scoot said...

oh i just read your post on CHILDREN.I guess that answers what i just asked for :)